DME Prior authorization is intended to keep you from being supplied with medications you don’t need. Specially the medications that could interact dangerously with others you’re taking, or those that are possibly addictive. It’s also a technique for your health insurance provider to keep the expense of otherwise expensive prescriptions under control.
Disruptive technology and business strategy breakthroughs are continually altering the real-time dimensions of the healthcare industry in all aspects. Leading providers and payors are looking for cutting-edge business strategies that can help them grow their businesses. DME Prior Authorization services are frequently viewed as the primary pillar that determines a practice’s financial health. Enabling the proper checks and balances is a critical feature that requires improved consultative abilities for effective up gradation.
Problems with the manual DME Prior Authorization
Studies have indeed shown that using paper in DME prior authorization typically causes the patient-centric paradigm to be delayed.
- It has been discovered that about 70% of patients do not receive the same treatment that their clinician ordered initially!
- In-house personnel spend at least 20 hours each week, if not more, doing the paperwork for authorized services. go here for more info .
Technological efficiency is gaining traction
Medication processes in healthcare are digitizing and becoming more automated.
- The new capabilities available in EMR these days minimize unnecessary contacts between the insurer’s plans and the pharmacies.
- The automated compilation of the job list with detailed forms based on DME prior authorization adds value.
How can you get the process started electronically?
To accelerate the procedure, the pharmacies with which you are connected will send requests for DME prior authorizations online, much like the process of refilling the requests. The synchronized attempt will allow you to receive timely reminders from pharmacies with late intimations through phone or fax.
Electronic submissions in DME prior authorization will help you in the following ways:
- Using populated categories in forms that are updated with patient information as well as practice facts from the EMR to speed up the verification process.
- Effective tracking of the status of prior authorizations after they have been submitted.
- Making your practice’s medication attentiveness better by reducing prescription hold-ups.
- You must be confirmed with e-prescribe with formulary enablement, which allows the EMR to automatically check the plan coverage.
- The prescriber will be automatically notified about a prescription that requires prior permission via the system’s auto-generated notification.
- The notification will create a new task in the tasks section for DME PA that must be delegated for completion within 24 hours.
Hence to summarize, the electronic DME prior authorization procedure would provide the necessary simplification. Moreover, it will offer better dimensions while adopting a thorough methodology in eligibility verification services.